Duration of contract:
The Branch Assistant offers support to their manager and contributes to the overall success of the branch. They will work to schedule with customer support being the main focus. They will work as a team to maintain high levels of service. They will take pride in their branch and support their colleagues with the maintenance and upkeep of the branch. They will be customer focused and recognize the importance of their role in acting as the face of the Company.
- To maintain the customer database and ensure that information is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- To assist with end of day banking and reporting.
- To maintain branch standards in terms of organisation, efficiency and cleanliness.
- To ensure that customers are kept updated about all relevant information including orders, quotes and promotions.
- To assist the manager in the collation and delivery of information when requested.
- To assist customers with all aspects of their account.
- To accept cash payment from customers in line with Company standard, as and when required.
- To ensure the understanding and achievement of branch KPI targets as determined by the branch manager.
- To ensure sufficient knowledge of products on offer as well as any Company or branch promotions.
- To proactively drive sales and opportunities in branch through prospecting and touching base with existing or lapsed customers.
- To be an ambassador of the Company and act accordingly.
- To act as buddies and mentors to new colleagues, not just in branch but across the Company.
- To own customer experience from initial enquiry through to installation.
- To use industry specific software to generate customer quotes.
- To ensure efficient stock management and avoid any unnecessary storage of goods.
- To deliver excellent customer service in line with the Company’s vision – we want our customers to be “sorted”.
- To pick stock and organise loads for dispatch.
- To ensure compliance with Company procedures and processes.
- To work in a safe and responsible manner.
- To perform any other reasonable instruction.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- IT Literate
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Planning Organising and Time Management
- Building Relationships with Customers and Colleagues
- Numeracy Literate
- Delivering Results
- Customer Focus
- Commercial Acumen
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills
Please apply by sending a covering letter, along with your CV to email@example.com
- A* to C grade in Maths and English
- Industry experience/knowledge