North East / Midlands
Duration of contract:
The Area Manager has full responsibility for their area in terms of the performance of all branches and requires regular UK travel. They will direct their team and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the Company vision and strategy. They will identify and interpret KPI targets and ensure their success through the alignment of action plans according to the branch trading environment.
- To be accessible and visible to all staff in branches.
- To assess the strengths and weaknesses of branches and provide and enlist support accordingly, including provision of insight to suitability of product ranges
- To aid in the roll out of communication strategies from the central function to the branches
- Coach and develop Branch Managers to ensure succession planning
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement in relation to employee experience and engagement
- To drive and support performance management within branches to ensure success of the area
- To maintain consistent and constructive communications with branches on a daily/weekly basis
- To maximise profit and minimise expense in line with area P&L, ensuring individual branch targets are appropriate
- To provide insight into branch KPI targets and conduct root cause analysis for failings and successes. Ensure the Regional Director is aware of any remedial action planned.
- To act as a point of escalation for any problems that occur within branches
- To fully understand the day to day running of branches and assume responsibility when the need arises
- To partner with operational and support function colleagues to develop branch specific plans, in order to aid success
- To act as an ambassador of the Company and act accordingly
- To ensure a safe and positive working environment through regular monitoring and auditing of health & safety practices and providing ownership of this for the area.
- To deliver excellent customer service in line with the Company’s vision – we want our customers to be “sorted”
- To perform any other reasonable instruction.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Strong Computer Literacy
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Planning Organising and Time Management
- Building Effective Relationships and influencing Change
- Numeracy Literate
- Data Analysis and Action Planning
- Delivering Results
- Customer Focus
- Commercial Acumen
- Talent Management
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrable senior managerial experience
- Ability to travel
Please send your application by covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A* to C grade in Maths and English